Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Grad Student, that's me!

Yesterday I spent my first day as a preceptee. I went to the college in the morning and stayed all day. It was kind of exciting and interesting being among college students on their first day of school. It was also exhausting. I know I'm feeling stressed since a few days ago I got a huge pain in the right side of my neck so that I can't turn my head to the right. This is exactly what used to happen whenever I was near final exams in my college days. I hope it lets up soon.
When I was being introduced to the faculty and students, I was described as a "graduate student". I thought that was so cool. I've been one for the past 2 years, but no one's ever described me that way yet. I used to hear others say it about themselves or someone else, and it was a level of study I admired but never saw myself getting that far. But now, it's me. I'm the grad student. I like it. I'm glad someone said that about me now, before I graduated, so that I could feel what it's like to wear that hat. And have others see me that way. Neat.
Mom picked up T from school and took him to their house until I could be there at dinner time. Thank goodness for my parents--I couldn't do this without them.
Today I just feel an overall body ache, like all my muscles are super tight. Again, probably the stress.
I made a daily calender of events so that I have all my tests, papers and study schedules written out. It's pretty tight but if I stick to the daily plan, all will be turn out well. I sure hope I pass the tests on Oct 7 and 27. If I don't, I have to wait 30 days before I can retake it.
Well, it's lunch time at work now. I think I'll go to the grocery store and get some needed items so that the house will have what I need to prepare Ts lunches and have decent dinners without too much effort.

No comments: