Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

So, for mother's day I was given a lovely hand made card--inside T wrote "I love you Mommy. I love when you help me with the dishes." (What? I remember once when you and I did dishes together--you had a blast, but never did pitch in again.) I also received a handsomly decorated little ceramic pot with a beautiful white impatien planted inside. But the BEST present was when I was in the backyard watering the many dry spots and T was bouncing a basketball and announced, out of the blue and unsolicited, "Mommy, I love you. *small pause* "Every time I look at you, I love you."
Awwwww. Well that is the BEST Mother's Day present I've ever had. I hope I get that one every year! Thank you, my beautiful boy.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

That's so sweet :) Nothing better than unsolicated declarations of love from your baby. Flowers and cards might be nice, but nothing ever really beats that. Glad you enjoyed your day!