Thursday, January 22, 2009

You know your getting old when...

The other day I was watching TV when a show touting a new kind of home insulation caught my eye. They had this box with 2 bright lights shining over some shiney blanket material on top of the usual pink fluffy insulation material and then a temperature probe underneath that. They proudly showed that the one with pink fluff but without the aluminum blanket on it was getting pretty hot (like over 150 degrees). The other one though, with this silver sheet on top, was staying a more comfortable 80 degrees. Interesting...
So I was sucked in and convinced of this "space blanket's" value. I made an appointment and after an hour of hearing the same infomercial face to face, I bought it. I can't wait for it to be installed! I'm going to compare my energy bills month to month AND what it was last year at the same time. I hope their promises translate well to my gas and electric bill!
I'm surprised as how excited I became in getting insulation that would bring my bills down and make my home more comfortable year 'round. Eeeech. Now I KNOW I'm getting old.

No comments: