Friday, April 16, 2010

It goes to show you...

Things usually work out, often even better than originally planned. ;)
I phoned my friend about my being such a nitwit and forgetting to arrange my work schedule to accommodate our coming for Picnic Day. I left a message--she was, no doubt, very busy getting her house ready for the big BBQ. She phoned me back a few hours later and said, "Hey, that sounds like something I would do!" I suddenly didn't feel so stupid and like I'd found some camaraderie and even more common ground with her. Nice.
She said she was disappointed....she now has 29 of the cutest lambs ever. So we made plans for our coming over next weekend. Some of them need to be bottle fed and T will get to help. Neat-O! We won't have the UC campus events or a parade but we will have way more time to actually visit and catch up (since there is no busyness with a huge party for a bunch of people I barely know). Now I get way more face time with her. She said she would try to get her brother, his family and her parents to come over too. Tooooo perfect!! Now we just have to pray the weather stays as perfect as it is right now.
I'm loving the way this turned out.

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

I'm so glad this cloud turned out to have a silver lining! Bottle feeding baby lambs?!! Hope you are able to get lots of pictures!

Billy said...

Sorry you had a bad week. Glad things are working out :-).
Wonderful how visiting next weekend will mean much more quality time (and I do hope her brother and kids will come too!).
And bottle feeding the lambs - ooh, that is so cool!! Lucky boy :-) [and re your last post - lucky lucky mama to have such a boy!]